[gradsusr] png quality/compression

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Mon Mar 21 12:24:42 EDT 2016

Sorry, Joey, that is not correct. There are no compression settings for png images anywhere in GrADS. You may be confused with the compression level that is hard-coded for writing out netcdf-4 files.

The png files generated by GrADS 2.1+ are large; I use the external utility pngquant to shrink them. For more info about about pngquant and GrADS, do a google search with “site:gradsusr.org pngquant”
—Jennifer