[gradsusr] Meteograms on demand in a browser

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:01:47 EDT 2016

Meteogram scripts are here: ftp://cola.gmu.edu/pub/jma/meteograms/
—Jennifer

On Mar 15, 2016, at 2:00 PM, AMS EmsiWx Bytča <emsiwx at pocasie-bytca.sk<mailto:emsiwx at pocasie-bytca.sk>> wrote:

Dear Jennifer,

looks good, great job. Would it be possible to have that script?

Kindest regards,

Marian

Dňa 15. 3. 2016 o 18:20 Jennifer M Adams napísal(a):
Dear Everyone —
I have some good news for those of you who like meteograms. Brian Doty and I have developed a simple web page that will allow you to create your own meteogram at any location based on the latest GFS or NAM output. The URL is  http://wxmaps.org/custom/meteogram.html.

The GFS meteograms for Day 0-8 are based on the 0.5-degree output. Using the 0.25-degree output is prohibitively slow. Even with the coarser grid, it still takes some time to render the 3-hourly meteogram, so please be patient. The images are cached, so if someone else has already requested a meteogram that matches your criteria, it will load immediately. The meteograms based on the GFSb (Day 9-16) are faster. NAM is the fastest, but the domain only covers North America.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University