[gradsusr] Error in grib2ctl.pl

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 3 09:23:35 EST 2016

Alvin,

|  1.) Undefined parameter table (center 201-1 table 255), using NCEP-opn

This is a wgrib error message. Wgrib needs a table to associate the
parameter
numbers with a text name such as TMP and HGT.  The error message is
saying that it doesn't have a table (255) for the Phiippines NMC
(center=201)
and is using the NCEP operational table.  The NCEP operational table
will work for parameters 0-127 if the Philippines table follows the
WMO standard for variables 0-127.  BTW 255 is an illegal value for
the grib table as 255 means undefined.

It get rid of the error message, you need to add the grib table to wgrib.
You
can add it by using the user-defined grib tables.

    ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd51we/wgrib/usertables.txt

Serious users add the grib table to the wgrib source code.

Wesley