[gradsusr] Masked data output to text file

Justin Hicks jhicks2014 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:55:47 EDT 2016

Jeff,

I'm using the following code to extract the date:

'q dims'
rectime = sublin(result,5)
recdate = subwrd(rectime,6)
recmonth = substr(recdate,6,3)
say 'Date: 'recdate
say 'Month: 'recmonth

However, I believe I need a while loop so that the date will not show up
only once, but instead once for each monthly area average. How would I go
about writing a while loop for the date when it is in the following format:
for example, 00Z01JAN1979  is the starting date. Wouldn't the 'Z' throw it
off? Maybe I could set JAN equal to 1 and go from there. I'm teaching
myself as I go along, as I haven't had much exposure to while and for
loops.

-Justin