[gradsusr] How to use template option for one season

lpasmanoranjan lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:23:38 EDT 2016

Dear Jennifer,
I am very sorry for the confusion.
Yes, my datasets are hourly and each file has one month data. I mean to say

*1995/12/pre.dat* has December month data with TDEF 744
*1996/01/pre.dat*   has January month data with TDEF 744
*1996/02/pre.dat* has February month data with TDEF 694
and similarly for others

My problem is I don't have MAM, JJA, SON datasets. So my descriptor control
file can't find March month data after February month. But it considers the
1996 year's December data as March month data of 1996. So how to work with
such kind of template option so that my control file will read the datasets
for DJF only?

*dset ^%y4/%m2/pre.dat*
options big_endian template
undef -999.9
xdef     520 linear 65  0.2
ydef     540 linear 5  0.2
zdef     1 levels 1
*tdef 87660  linear 00z12jan1995    60mn*
vars    1
pre 0 99
endvars

On 24 June 2016 at 20:53, Jennifer M Adams <jadams21 at gmu.edu
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jadams21 at gmu.edu');>> wrote:

> What you have in your descriptor looks right, although you said you have
> monthly data and your TDEF says it’s hourly. Is the data file for January
> 1995 ~40% smaller than the others? What exactly is the problem?
> —Jennifer
>
> On Jun 24, 2016, at 5:27 AM, lpasmanoranjan <lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> Dear GrADs Users,
> I am having a problem in viewing the following dataset as template option.
> I have monthly dataset for DJF only as:
>
> 1995/12/pre.dat
> 1996/01/pre.dat
> 1996/02/pre.dat
> 1996/12/pre.dat
> 1997/01/pre.dat
> 1997/02/pre.dat
> and so on for 10 years
>
> I don't have other month's dataset.
>
> I am wondering how to make a descriptor file for the above files? I have
> written as
>
> *dset ^%y4/%m2/pre.dat*
> options big_endian template
> undef -999.9
> xdef     520 linear 65  0.2
> ydef     540 linear 5  0.2
> zdef     1 levels 1
> *tdef 87660  linear 00z12jan1995    60mn*
> vars    1
> pre 0 99
> endvars
>
> Thank you, in advance, for any kind of help or suggestion in this regard.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mano
>

> --
> Kind Regards,
> Mano

> Jennifer Miletta Adams
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
> George Mason University

Kind Regards,
Mano

--