[gradsusr] ENTIRE GRID UNDEFINED, PLEASE HELP

Peter Tuju peterenos at ymail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:41:56 EDT 2016

Dear GrADS users,
I have to work with wrfout from seasonal model run to visualize the products. I successfully created a .ctl file to read in grads, but the problem Is that, I get ?"entire grid undefined " Why this and how to solve it? For short time model run say 3 days works fine but for seasons I got stuck. Please help!?
'reinit''set display color white''open wrfout.ctl''set gxout shaded''d t2'
Entire Grid Undefined.
The 'sdfopen  wrfout_d02_2015-03-01.nc' gives the following message
Scanning self-describing file:  wrfout_d02_2015-03-01.nc
udunits(3): syntax error:
-
 ^
gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.
To open this file with GrADS, use a descriptor file with an XDEF entry.
Documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

Please find the attached ctl file and help!

 Thanks in advance
Peter  E. Tuju
Dar es Salaam
T A N Z A N I A