[gradsusr] gribmap error with WRF output

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:16:37 EDT 2016

Chris,
Nothing in the namelist stands out as being the cause of the problem. I'll
offer what I can, but I think you may need to ask wrfhelp about this.

First, how do you control which fields are spat out into the grib files? I
only see a dozen or so in your control file, but there are probably well
over 100 in the history file.

Second, why do you have "dtype grib 0" in your control file? What is the
meaning of the 0? Did you try to take it out?

Finally, what argument flags did you use when running gribmap? I use -e and
-i. If you didn't add -e or -E, give each a try and see if they work.

Again, if none of these work, ask wrfhelp.

Good luck.

Jeff