[gradsusr] How to use regrid2 function

lpasmanoranjan lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:56:14 EDT 2016

Dear GrADs Users,
I am having a problem in regriding. I have a 30km resolution dataset with
y=65 & x=101 (xdef 101 linear 1 1.2 & ydef 65 linear 1 1). The descriptor
file is

input.ctl
dset /data/%y4%m2/rain_%y4%m2.dat
options big_endian
undef -999.9
xdef     101  linear 1  1.2
ydef      65 linear 1  1
zdef     3 levels 1000 500 200
tdef 15000 linear 00z01jan1995    6hr
vars    1
rain 3 99
endvars

I would like to convert the above data to 1.25 degree (i.e ~140km)
resolution (xdef  26 linear 1 1 & ydef 14 linear 1 1). The descriptor file
for new dataset is

output.ctl
dset /data/%y4%m2/rain_new_%y4%m2.dat
options big_endian
undef -999.9
xdef     26  linear 1  1
ydef      14 linear 1  1
zdef     3 levels 1000 500 200
tdef 15000 linear 00z01jan1995    6hr
vars    1
rain 3 99
endvars

In my system regrid2 function is available. I had also tried with
'd regrid2(rain,3.88,4.66)', but getting the following error message

the output grid is UNIFORM lat/lon:
dx =  3.88 and dy =  4.66 deg
# points in i(lon) =  26  # points j(lat) =  14
regrid method is: box averaging
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values

Can anybody tell me how can I regrid and save the datasets?

Thank you very much in advance for any kind of help or suggestion.

--
Kind Regards,
Mano