[gradsusr] Convert 0.625x0.5 degree data to 1 degree gridded

Justin Hicks jhicks2014 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:22:56 EDT 2016

Users,

I am trying to convert 0.625x0.5 degree gridded MERRA2 precipitation data
to 1 degree gridded data. There wasn't much help online as how to do this,
but the 1 degree file I made does seem to spit out data that is different
from the original. I'll post the commands I used to do this. The variable
name is 'prectot':

open MERRA2_Monthly_1980-1991_Flx
set t 1 last
define prectot=prectot
newgrid=regrid2(prectot,1.0)
set sdfwrite
/data2/control/MERRA2_Monthly_1980-1991_Flx_1Deg_TotalPrecipitation.nc
sdfwrite prectot

I'm not sure if this was the correct way to do this or not. The contents of
ncdump for the new file still suggest that it's not 1 degree, yet the
values are different between the two files. I also tried to set the lat/lon
for the new file to a small, fixed value to see the grid sizes, but there
was an error with the grid limits, so all values showed undefined.

Any help would be appreciated; I just want to double check to see if I
converted to 1 degree correctly.
--
*Justin*

*UndergraduateAtmospheric Sciences Major*

*GIS MinorUniversity of Maryland-College Park*