[gradsusr] multiplication in Grads script

Love, Mr. Gary, Contractor, Code 7542 gary.love.ctr at nrlmry.navy.mil
Wed Jul 6 14:19:37 EDT 2016

These three lines work fine with every version of grads I am using. However, I
use a simple text editor like view to write a script.

I suspect your text editor is adding hidden characters that grads cannot
interpret.  This is why a value is not being assigned as indicated by the
error.

Try a linux editor such as vi, emacs, or nedit to write your script.

Gary Love

Naval Research Laboratory