[gradsusr] suppress month on time axis but date is also

Hua Chen chenhua2014 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 12:33:50 EST 2016

Hi Jennifer,
  Thanks for your suggestion, I will try that.
Hua

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:15:31 +0000
From: Jennifer M Adams <jadams21 at gmu.edu>
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] suppress  month on time axis but date is also
    gone
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>

Hua,

If you mean that you want the time axis tic labels to look like this:

00Z
1

instead of

00Z
1JAN
2000

? the answer is there?s no way to do that with ?tlsupp?.

You can use ?q gr2xy? to get the position of tic marks on the page, then use ?draw string? to label them anyway you want. You can also use ?set xlabs? to override the labels completely.
?Jennifer