[gradsusr] geotiff files

Andres Lighezzolo andreslighezzolo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:53:44 EST 2016

Dear GRADS users,

I usualy work with grb2 files from GFS model and using these in a
geographical information system. I open and then transform the grb2 files
in geotiff files with the sentence 'set gxout geotiff'. No problems with
that, the file geottif is generated correctly.

But now i'm working with CFSv2 files. When a try to transform these files
to geotiff with the 'set gxout geotiff', the file is created but is not
georeferenced.

GFS files are in lat-lon grid:(1440 x 721)  defined as:

ydef 721 linear -90.000000 0.25

xdef 1440 linear 180.000000 0.250000

and CFSv2 files are Gaussian grid: (384 x 190) defined as:

xdef 384 linear 0.000000 0.9375

ydef 190 levels

 -89.277 -88.340 ........... 87.397  88.340  89.277

Can Grads make geotiff with georeference when the ydef is defined by levels?

Thanks in advance

--
Mgter. Andrés Lighezzolo
Área/Departamento: Gerencia de Institucionales/Unidad Emergencias