[gradsusr] Unknown GRIB2 index version number 3

Gregory Clarke gsclarke at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 01:22:22 EST 2016

Hello GrADS Users, Developers and GRIB2 Experts,

I am running GrADS 2.0.2 which is the last releases that supports the widget options in the scripting language.

However, when I try to open the GrADS file generated by the latest version of UPP in the WRF-UEMS release from SOO/STRC, the above error message occurs.

I have tested all the releases of GrADS from this version onward and the error disappears with version 2.1.a2 or higher.

Does anybody know if there is a work-around for this as I cannot move away from GrADS 2.0.2 until the option to choose the graphics engine is introduced so I can maintain my widget functionality.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Greg