[gradsusr] Interpolate data to fill no data spaces in GrADS

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Tue Jan 5 10:37:56 EST 2016

it is not trivial but it is possible

0) your data have "undef" regions near coastline (see att. 1)
1) spread the data in "undef data" region (see att. 2)
2) over impose coastline shapefile (att. 3) to cover land regions

for point 1 I use an extension I wrote for regridding precipitation
(att. 4). If you will use it you should add this line to file udxt:
  udf  0  raigrid    f_dvd      ^libdvd.gex   "rain 1/(r^2) averaging by
davide"
The GrADS extension should be located in the same dir of udxt file

for point 2 use:
'set line 0'
'set shpopts 0'
'draw shp FullWorld_30'
(i didn't attacch the shapefile because it's big ...)

Hoping it could help ...
bye bye
David