[gradsusr] Plot single grid value at specific lat/lon? - Updated

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 03:16:33 EST 2016

Is there anyway to plot a specific value from a lat/lon?

set lat 41
set lon -75
d tmp2m

Returns a value if done at the command-line but doesn't seem to do anything
when done with:

'set gxout grid'
'set lat 41'
'set lon -75'
'd tmp2m'

UPDATE: While I wish there was a way to do it with the above, I got it with
doing this:

'd (actualcmc - lterpclim)'
*'set gxout grid'
lonk=-75.7233
latk=41.3383
'set lat 'latk
'set lon 'lonk
'd (actualcmc - lterpclim)'
say result
tempkavp = subwrd(result,4)
tempavp = substr(tempkavp,1,4)
'q w2xy 'lonk' 'latk
say result
wx=subwrd(result,3);wy=subwrd(result,6)
'set font 15'
'set string 1 tl 0 0'
'set strsiz 0.08'
'draw string 'wx' 'wy' 'tempavp

Now, I know some of that isn't needed but what I'm curious of now... how
can I get the tempavp to always be 1 digit after the decimal? So for
example -0.1 or 1.2? The above code does -0.1 and 1.25 which makes sense of
course but if this is the way it needs to be done (instead of using
gxoutgrid and being able to use dignum) I have no idea how I can do it...