[gradsusr] "concatenating" and xdfopen

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 15:17:35 EST 2016

That didn't work. I presume it is related to using the same array twice in
the control file (time for both TDEF and EDEF). The problem is the data
file only has four arrays, and I'm using all of them already:

dimensions:
        lat = 741 ;
        lon = 800 ;
        time = 1 ;
variables:
        double Reflectivity(time, lat, lon) ;
                Reflectivity:long_name = "Nexrad 2 radar dataset" ;
                Reflectivity:missing_value = -999. ;
                Reflectivity:units = "dBz" ;
        double lat(lat) ;
                lat:units = "degrees_north" ;
                lat:spacing = "0.015771162376211467" ;
                lat:datum = "NAD83 - NOAA Standard" ;
        double lon(lon) ;
                lon:units = "degrees_east" ;
                lon:spacing = "0.015771162376211467" ;
                lon:datum = "NAD83 - NOAA Standard" ;
        int time(time) ;
                time:units = "seconds since 1970-1-1" ;

Am I just out of luck here?

ga-> xdfopen obs_radar_ens.ctl
Scanning Descriptor File:  obs_radar_ens.ctl
read_metadata: gaopfn failed (rc=-88888)
gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
SDF Descriptor file obs_radar_ens.ctl was not successfully opened & parsed.

Jeff