[gradsusr] Cumulative Output

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:50:07 EST 2016

Daniel,
This is a WRF issue, not a grads issue. If you want to see swaths, you need
to integrate the model field over individual time steps, something you'd
have to alter the WRF code to do. If you just want maximum updraft helicity
between history intervals, however, the AFWA diagnostics package can help
you with that. It's set in the namelist.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 6:17 AM, Daniel Nairn <dannairn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering if its possible for Grads to produce cumulative output for
> some WRF variables that are usually plotted hourly...for example, if I
> wanted to plot updraft helicity in a cumulative fashion, rather than an
> hour by hour approach, so the images produced show updraft 'tracks'.
>
> I've tried using sum and looping but I can't seem to get this to work how
> I was expecting. Does anybody know how to achieve this?

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant