[gradsusr] Ensemble Graphs

Chorley Weather weatherstu at chorleyweather.com
Thu Feb 11 07:16:02 EST 2016

Thank you,

That's fine, the errors I am getting relate to the args. Error: Non
numeric args to numeric operation. Error line 16. Here is the section of
script

function main(args)

* Parse the arguments: date, hour
if (args = '')
prompt 'Enter forecast date (example, 20110717) --> '
pull date
prompt 'Enter forecast hour (example, 00 or 06 or 12 or 18) --> '
pull hour
else
date = subwrd(args,1)
hour = subwrd(args,2)
endif

'reinit'
'sdfopen
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gens/gens'date'/gep_all_'hour'z'
*All GEFS members
'sdfopen
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_0p25/gfs'date'/gfs_0p25_'hour'z'
*GFS oper

* Get the Time axis info
tsize = subwrd(_tdef,2)
_t1 = 1 ;* 2nd half of timeseries
_t2 = 45
tsize = _t2 - _t1 + 1
'set t '_t1' '_t2
'q dims'
times = sublin(result,5)
_time1 = subwrd(times,6)
_time2 = subwrd(times,8)
_tdim = _time1' '_time2

tincr = subwrd(_tdef,5)
_tdef = 'tdef 'tsize' linear '_time1' 'tincr

huh = subwrd(_tdef,4)

* Get info from the descriptor file
'q ctlinfo'
_ctl = result
_undef = getctl(undef)
_tdef = getctl(tdef)
_zdef = getctl(zdef)

maps = 3

* Get the Time axis info
tsize = subwrd(_tdef,2)
_t1 = 1 ;* 2nd half of timeseries
_t2 = 45
tsize = _t2 - _t1 + 1
'set t '_t1' '_t2
'q dims'
times = sublin(result,5)
_time1 = subwrd(times,6)
_time2 = subwrd(times,8)
_tdim = _time1' '_time2

tincr = subwrd(_tdef,5)
_tdef = 'tdef 'tsize' linear '_time1' 'tincr

huh = subwrd(_tdef,4)

Stuart.

--

Stuart Markham