[gradsusr] Control File Templating... works up until the hours change interval...

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:47:58 EST 2016

I'm trying to template the NAM, 1-hourly files and using %f2 for:

g2ctl nam.t18z.conusnest.hiresf%f2.tm00.grib2 >nam.ctl

and then of course the gribmap which also works. Everything seems to work
fine from 00 through 36, and then once it hits every 3hr interval nothing
errors, it still picks up the correct date data but nothing 'new' is
displayed, it's everything up to hour 36 and that's it, yet the forecast
hour still gets pulled for valid tsteps after 36, etc so it is "finding"
the data.

'define snowtot =
const((sum(maskout(weasdsfc.1-weasdsfc.1(t-1),weasdsfc.1-weasdsfc.1(t-1)),t=2,t+0)*0.0393701)*10,
0, -u)'

That same define works great if I simply cat all the individual files into
a single, large, file which is what I'm trying to get around doing with
20GB worth of data every run.

If I actually opengrads -b and try d weasdsfc it never errors out or
anything, unless I pick a missing t step like 37, 38, 39, 41, 60, etc.

I even tried making all the files in sequential order (there's a total of
46 files) from 00-45, with the same problem.

Any thoughts, or am I simply trying to go above what the limits of
templating is?

--
-Chris A. Gilroy