[gradsusr] Fwd: how to change/force scale_factor and offset

M.Mahakur mmahakur at tropmet.res.in
Wed Dec 7 06:08:11 EST 2016

Still waiting for a helping hand on the following issue.

Hi,

I used unpack (to unpack byte data-variable) in my ctl to display hdf-eos files. But, some files giving errors:

Warning: HDF attribute named "scale_factor" has more than one value
Warning: Could not retrieve "scale_factor" -- setting to 1.0
Warning: HDF attribute named "add_offset" has more than one value
Warning: Could not retrieve "add_offset" -- setting to 0.0
Contouring: 0 to 60 interval 5

It does not reads the scale_factor and add_offset. It seems they are not defined properly in the data file:

varx:scale_factor = "0.1
varx:scale_factor_er = "0
varx:add_offset = "0

It should have been float.

As, by default Grads sets the scale factor to 1.0, how can I change/force the same to 0.1 (inside ctl)?

Regards and Thanks,
Mahakur