[gradsusr] Drawing Shape Files

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Mon Aug 15 14:29:51 EDT 2016

- I'm running OpenGrads version 2.1.a2.oga.1 x86_64
- Server is CentOS 6.8 x86_64 standard
- Code and results below (I truncated long file paths for directory
structure privacy)

> /opt/opengrads/grads -lbc
ga-> open gfs003.ctl
Scanning description file: gfs003.ctl
Data file gfs003.grib is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 90
LEV set to 1 1
Time values set: 2016:8:15:9 2016:8:15:9
E set to 1 1

ga-> set lon 90.5 174.5
LON set to 90.5 174.5
ga-> set lat -44.2 -7.2
LAT set to -44.2 -7.2

ga-> d tmp2m
Contouring: 270 to 305 interval 5

ga-> draw shp AUS_adm1.shp
ga-> printim test.png
Created PNG file test.png

The resulting image:  http://f5data.net/test.png
I'm expecting to see territory lines, but they don't show up.

Also, similarly if I try US counties or Canadian Provinces I get the same
results.