[gradsusr] using gxprint for eps in landscape mode: why must resulting image be rotated?

Austin Conaty Austin.L.Conaty at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 19 15:51:17 EDT 2016

Greetings,

I had some landscape mode plots that were looking
good as PNG files.  I then needed to output the files as eps.
I did this but the resulting files were rotated, but still nice
and sharp.  Upon using Imagemagick to rotate the image,
the sharpness was lost and the image wasn't what I needed.

So the only workaround I could come up with was to start
up grads in portrait instead of landscape mode.  This did
give me the sharp plots in eps format and with the expected
page orientation.  The plots were not the ones I wanted
originally because now these plots were squeezed a bit
due to the new orientation.

Is there some trick to creating landscape mode eps plots
that don't need to be rotated with gxprint ?

gxprint filename.eps is all I'm doing now.

(or maybe there's a line in the eps code I didn't
catch that would rotate things without losing
sharpness)

Many thanks,

--
Austin Conaty, SSAI        Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
301-614-6149 (ph)          NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Austin.L.Conaty at .nasa.gov

http://gmao.gsfc.nasa.gov