[gradsusr] how to make two figures using the same time axis?

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:50:36 EDT 2016

Use 'set parea' to force the plotting area to be in the same position. You
can then use ylpos and a clever combination of vrange and ylint to make the
second field plot with tick labels on the right side of the plotting window
in such a way that the tick marks align.

I used the code below to generate the attached example image:
ga-> set parea 0.5 10.5 0.5 8
ga-> set lev 900 200
LEV set to 900 200
ga-> d ugrdprs;vgrdprs
Notice:  Automatic Grid Interpolation Taking Place
ga-> set z 1
LEV set to 1000 1000
ga-> set ylpos 0 r
SET YLPOS values:  Offset = 0  Side = Right
ga-> set vrange 1007 1014
1-D axis limits set: 1007 to 1014
ga-> set ylint 0.5
ylint = 0.5