[gradsusr] Trying to plot values (grid? ascii?) of weasdsfc onto map.

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:55:35 EDT 2015

I'm trying to plot something like this:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2v9voe0.jpg (WXBell
has the same basic setup,
http://blog.chron.com/weather/wp-content/blogs.dir/2579/files/2014/01/gfs_6hr_snow_acc_se_19.png)
with the inch's plotting on-top of the shaded area but the only way I know
how to display "values" like that is with gxout grid, which then makes the
numbers plot in grids (obviously) and unless I'm missing something with
options I don't see a way to make it output as "loose" as theirs are,
instead of literally in a "grid" (square box) format.

I'm currently simply doing:

'set gxout grid'
'set gridln off'
'set dignum 1'
'set digsiz 0.05'
'd re(maskout(weasdsfc, weasdsfc-3), 0.25)'

Which, you can image it will output tons of numbers all over, making it
completely illegible. Any clue on how to do something like the above two
images?

--
-Chris A. Gilroy