[gradsusr] New program for Windows users: GFS grib manager - beta testers wanted

AMS EmsiWx Bytča emsiwx at pocasie-bytca.sk
Thu Sep 17 11:41:09 EDT 2015

Hello Antonino,

first of all thank you for your interest in beta testing of my programm.
Moreover, not to forget. Please DO NOT share or make my beta releases
public. (Each beta tester has individually compiled version with
encrypted serial number hidden inside the exe, so it would be easy to
check who shared and made it public.

* VERSION 0.07 beta :: 06.09.2015
     - Added the combobox 'Data set' to choose model dataset
         GFS 0.25 Degree
         GFS 0.25 Degree (Secondary Parms)
         GFS 0.50 Degree
         GFS 1.00 Degree
         (more to be added)
     - Added the combobox 'Forecast step' to choose the step of files
for downloading (e.g. if you do not want to download every 3 hour forecast)
         3
         6
         9
         12
         15
         18
         24
     - Added the checkbox 'Cat. and create ctl+idx files' to Concetenate
all individual grb files into one grib2 file and create ctl and index
files (for use e.g. Grads) -> Related to 'Create windows batch file'
button only
     - Added the checkbox 'Add external commands file' to add external
commands at the end of the bat file. These are stored in addcmd.txt
file. -> Related to 'Create windows batch file' button only
     - Added the checkbox 'Delete individual grb files' to automatically
delete all individual grb files after creating the batch file. ->
Related to 'Create windows batch file' button only
     - Some minor improvements and bug fixes

     TIP: You can run the ggm.exe more then once at the same time to
download e.g. GFS 0.25 and GFS 0.25 (Sec.param.) in parallel. If you use
the same forecast run, date, length and step, you can create
          one grib2 file including levels and variables from both data
sets. (GFS (Sec.param.) has more vertical levels)

Waiting for your feedback..... Any questions/suggestions are welcome ;)

To use creating ctl and idx files for use in Grads you need to have Perl
for Windows installed : http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

Regards,

Marian

P.s.: Would you find my work usefull, please consider a donation using
the Donate button on my WEB www.pocasie-bytca.sk. I will use any cent
from donations for the development of HW and SW I use/create to provide
weather related services/information. THANK YOU.

Dňa 17. 9. 2015 o 17:13 Bonan Antonino napísal(a):