[gradsusr] calculating El Nino SSTA

Andrew Friedman andfried at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:48:29 EDT 2015

Hi Abdus,

Your timeseries is static because your boundaries for ssta do not have a time-varying dimension.

There are different commands, depending on what you’re trying to do.

Are you trying to create a monthly ssta climatology? If so, check out the instructions for the command ‘modify’: http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdmodify.html

Or are you trying to create a running mean timeseries of ssta? In that case, try something like ssta=ave(sst,t-11,t+0).

Best,
Andrew