[gradsusr] Plotting H/L's without using opengrads?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 27 12:05:24 EDT 2015

Hi, Chrisopher,
You can use aminlocx() and aminlocy() to get the position of the grid box with an SLP minimum, and then use ‘draw string’ with the results to draw a big “L”.  Likewise, use amaxlocx() and amaxlocy() for the H’s position. You may have to restrict the domain a bit to isolate individual synoptic features.
—Jennifer

On Oct 27, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Christopher Gilroy <chris.gilroy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, anyone know of any way to draw H/L's without using mfhilo? I'm so torn on using the improvements that come from grads 2.1.a3 and sticking with 2.1.a2 (opengrads) just for the H/L ability. :-/
>
> I haven't seen anything since the release of 2.1.a3 from the opengrads guys on any sort of update to that since 2.1.a3 was released months ago, so unsure how long I might be looking at waiting.

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University
4400 University Drive