[gradsusr] Changing color scale

Mikovitz, Colleen (LARC-E302)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS, INC] j.c.mikovitz at nasa.gov
Thu Oct 22 08:04:50 EDT 2015

Hi Felipe,

You can control the levels and colors that you display data with the ‘set clevs’ and ‘set ccols’ commands.(http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetclevs.html and http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetccols.html)

Each time you display your data, give the same ‘set clevs’ and ‘set ccols’ commands.

You can also create your own colors with the ‘set rgb’ command.

A handy new color generator is available on http://hclwizard.org/online-creator-eeecon/
There is an export button to generate the GrADS codes for the rgb and ccols once you have the desired color bar.

Colleen