[gradsusr] How to get around gxout grid dying after X t's?

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:38:05 EDT 2015

'define zcomp = 500/(60-((tmpprs(lev=500)-273.15 + tmpprs(lev=1000)-273.15
+ tmp2m-273.15)/2)*-3)'

'set gxout grid'
'set gridln off'
'set dignum 1'
'set font 15'
'set digsiz 0.10'
'set lat 18 62'
'set lon -130 -58'

'd re(zcomp,4)'

Makes it to image 25/hour 138 of a loop before grads dies.

I can plot that exact same var shaded without issue, but if I wanted to
draw it shaded AND gridded, you could see the problem.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:32 AM, James T. Potemra <jimp at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> How are you plotting?  Could it be you have either a corrupt value, or a
> really large number somehow in the mix?
>
> On 10/21/15 6:16 PM, Christopher Gilroy wrote:
>
> So I'm plotting a variable and after about 25 t's (and that's with re(var,
> 4) even) of a loop grads dies on me with memory allocation. It's not the
> server. I've tried reinit, clear (which I use at the end of the loop to
> obviously clear the previous displays) undef, but I can't seem to figure
> out why it doesn't like running like that.
>
> Secondly, whenever I get around to it, the internal memory limit is
> changeable in the source, correct?

-Chris A. Gilroy