[gradsusr] How to combine ctl files in grads?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Oct 21 11:14:38 EDT 2015

It sounds like what you want to do is change a 3-hourly time series to a 6-hourly time series. And that you have to do with brute-force coding by writing out a new file, one time step at a time, that adds two 3hr accumulations to get the 6hr accumulation. Something generally like this:

’set gxout fwrite’
‘set fwrite -ap 'outfilename
* don’t forget to remove the outfile before you begin, otherwise you’ll append to an existing file
t=3
while (t<=tlast)
  ‘set t ‘t
  'd p+p(t-1)’
  t=t+2
endwhile
‘disable fwrite’

—Jennifer

On Oct 20, 2015, at 3:46 PM, giacomo tricarico <mino-98 at hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hi, since in my GRADS's files (produced by WRF-NMM Unipost) rain is in 3h steps, I would like to combine for example 2 ctl files, so that in one I have 6h rain:
> how could I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Giacomo

Jennifer M. Adams