[gradsusr] Moisture Convergence?

Ricardo Hallak ricardo.hallak at iag.usp.br
Mon Oct 19 15:29:11 EDT 2015

Hi, Giacomo.

1) I would suggest you to try low levels between 1000 and 700 hPa to see which one gives you the most significant signal, according your objectives.

2) As your mixr is multiplied by 1000, it must have units of grams per kilograms (please, display mixr to see if it is g/kg: something like 1, 5, 10, 20 g/kg is the expected magnitude for mixr in g/kg). So, the units of mconv is just (g/kg)/s, that is, how much water vapor in grams (in each kilogram of ar) is converging or diverging in each second on a point (x,y) at that level.

3) The answer is yes. Probably, the td field given by your (dynamical) model is more consistent than the "fitted curve" given by the formula in the script, which needs a lot of combinations between variables.

Hope this helps,
Ricardo