[gradsusr] Line Graph GEFS

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:11:23 EDT 2015

The following assumes you have a single control file templated over the
ensemble dimension so that you can use 'set e' to access the members:
'open GEFS_file.ctl'
'set t 1 (tfinal)'
ee = 1
ens_size = 21
while (ee >= ens_size)
 'set e 'ee
 'display (field)'
 ee = ee + 1
endwhile

if you have separate control files for each member, it's only a little
different:
...loop to open files consecutively...
...will have exact same index values as the loop that follows below...
'set t 1 (tfinal)'
ens_size = 21
ee = 1
while (ee >= ens_size)
 'display (field).'ee
 ee = ee + 1
endwhile

Pretty simple stuff.

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Chorley Weather <
weatherstu at chorleyweather.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would to make a line graph like the attached image using gefs (21 members) for my area. I have researched the logistics into producing this but I'm getting rather confused. Can anybody kindly provide a sample script? I would be very appreciative and thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Stuart
>
> --
> Chief Forecaster & Owner*ChorleyWeather*

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant