[gradsusr] Bar graph in GrADS

Mubashar Ahmad mubashardogar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:52:28 EDT 2015

Dear GrADS users,

I have annual time series data of NAO index as well NINO3.4 index and
wanted to show it in a bar graph/chart. Can some one guide me how to make a
bar graph to display both NAO and NINO3.4 and their legend. There need to
be a slight gap between displayed bars for each years. I am just giving a
small sample script that I tried but this is not giving a graph like we get
a column graph in world/excel (as in attached sample figures) instead it
gives a graph that looks strange and hard to understand.

Note: NAO and NINO3.4 indices have positive and negative values and their
range could be in between -2 to +2.

'reinit'
'open NAO_Index.ctl'
'open NINO3.4.ctl'