[gradsusr] Error opening .txt file in a grads script

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 30 14:50:29 EST 2015

Hi Keren,

Another possibility is that you haven't displayed a variable yet, thus
you don't have plotting dimensions defined.  If you open "dummy.ctl" and
then don't display anything, I think your "q w2xy" line will return "No
scaling environment", then this will cause "xloc" and "yloc" to be
improperly defined.  Try display something first from your file "dummy.ctl".

Also, it helps to use the "say" function to display these variables
within your script to help diagnose the problem.  For example, adding
say xloc', 'yloc will print these values to the screen.

Jim