[gradsusr] (no subject)

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Nov 24 08:22:04 EST 2015

Here is the comment in the source code (gxwmap.c) that explains why:
/* Type 4 map projections do not have lat/lon lines that cross at
     right angles (non-conformal).  This is too hard to deal with.  */

You can use ‘gxout stream’ with the Robinson projection…
—Jennifer

On Nov 24, 2015, at 3:47 AM, Davide Sacchetti <davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:

> the answer is no
>
>      * the projection can be set by 'set mproj robinson'
>      * pressure can be drawn with 'set gxout shaded', palette with
>        cbar.gs script
>      * minima and maxima can be found using mfhilo (opengrads) and then
>        drawn by 'draw string'
>      * but wind vectors CANNOT be drawn with robinson projection

> bye bye
> Davide
>
> On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 18:29 +0530, Gargi Akhoury wrote:
>> Hello,
>>     Here I am attaching one image. I want to just know is it possible
>> to plot these types of images (like attached image) in GrADS?
>>

>> Thanks & Regards

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University