[gradsusr] Have a Snow Squall Parameter and Need To Maskout Areas Where 2-Meter Temps Greater Than 1

Brian Bernard brian.brianbernard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:47:32 EST 2015

Hello,

I have a script for my website where I plot the snow squall paramater
(based on the work of Perter Banacos of NWS Burlington, VT). I want to mask
out areas of the snow squall parameter where the surface temperatures are
above 1C.  (Actually it should be the wet-bulb temperature, but there seems
to be several formulas, which is rather confusing to me).

This is my maskout function:

      'define t2=(tmp2m(t='dis_t')-273)'  # converting WRF temps from
Kelvin to Celsius
      'define t2c=(t2*-1)'   # here I'm making positive temps, negative for
the maskout function
      'd maskout ((snsq),(t2c)-1.0)'

Thank you,

Brian Bernard