[gradsusr] g2ctl/gribmap and 6hr/12hr GFS

Charles Seman - NOAA Federal charles.seman at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 10 15:23:54 EST 2015

Christopher,

A way to do this is with indexing into a pre-defined "tindex" variable
to define the trecord variable using the loop index.

As an example:

tindex = '1 2 3 5 7 10 12 15 18 21'
i=1
while( i<=10 )
  trecord = subwrd(tindex,i)
  say 'i, trecord = 'i', 'trecord
  i=i+1
endwhile

Another way, where you don't have to know the length of "tindex" (number
of time levels):

i=1
trecord = subwrd(tindex,i)
while( trecord != '' )
  say 'i, trecord = 'i', 'trecord
  i=i+1
  trecord = subwrd(tindex,i)
endwhile

Try out the above code in GrADS using test.gs (attached).

Hope this helps,
Chuck

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

  Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
  U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
  Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
  201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
  Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
official or unofficial position of the United States Federal Government,
the United States Department of Commerce, or NOAA."