[gradsusr] netcdf file opening problem

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:42:04 EST 2015

Grads variable names have requirements. I believe those are a limit of 16
characters, and there can be only alphanumeric characters in the name. In a
control file, you can rename a netcdf array to meet the grads variable name
requirements using the => syntax. For example:

Atmospheric_Water_Vapor_Mean=>meanwvap

See http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#VARS for complete
details.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Boddapati Anil <boddapati.anil2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> I'm using one MODIS file it was converted from hdf to netcdf
>
> for that i wrote one discription file ,using that it was opening but
> cann't display the data
>

> *Discription File:*dset ^MOD08_D3.A2011003.051.nc
> dtype netcdf
> undef -999
> TITLE MODIS/Terra Aerosol Cloud Water Vapor Ozone Daily L3 Global 1Deg CMG
> xdef 360 linear -179.5 1
> ydef 180 linear -89.5 1
> tdef 1 linear 03Jan2011 1dy
> zdef 1 linear 1 1
> vars 1
> Atmospheric_Water_Vapor_Mean 0 99999 y,x Precipitable Water Vapor (IR
> Retrieval) Total Column: Mean
> endvars
>
> *ERROR*
> ga-> d atmospheric_wat
> Error: Variable atmospheric_wat not in netcdf file
> Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'atmospheric_wat'
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = atmospheric_wat
>
> --
>

> *Boddapati Anil(PF-822)CSIR Fourth Paradigm Institute*
>
> *Wind Tunnel Road,Belur campous*
>
> *Bengalore-37*
>

> *contact:+91-8867766688            +91-7022665333*

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant