[gradsusr] Area average for datasets over polygon defined by shape file

itesh dash itesh at rimes.int
Tue Nov 3 01:31:49 EST 2015

Dear All,

I have been looking for a better way to do an area (spatial) average (lets
say township/district average). of my data sets using GrADS. The township
information can come from a shape file. I saw some posts suggesting using
meteoinfo for generating a mask file first and bringing it to grads. There
could be a better way or a GrADS function to do this (like zonal statistics
in GIS packages).  R also has this capability, using gdal.

It is possible to do using these tools. But GrADS being so powerful with
age, cant there be such an option build in? This would make like easier for
using grads.

Regards,
Itesh
RIMES