[gradsusr] How to display contour VS for different time periods

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:00:58 EDT 2015

You would have to alter the data such that the 0.0 shear values need to be
translated to match the year. So take the mean shear for the year 1983 for
example and add 1983 to it, then plot the 1983 contour. Do this for each
year.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Davide Sacchetti <
davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:

> you can set contour labels:
>
> loop on 1983-1992 years:
>
> 'set clab 1983'
> 'display ...'
> 'set clab 1984'
> 'display ...'
>
> it should work
> bye bye
> Davide
>
> On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 09:45 +1000, MD ABDUS SATTAR wrote:
> > Dear Team
> > I am a new user of GrADS. I would like to display mean zero
> > 200-850-hPa vertical shear contour in April for each year during
> > 1983-1992 (prepared file in attached). I can display these by
> > overwriting, but I cannot label these. I mean I would like to show
> > which line indicates for which year.
> >

> > Could you please help me how can I label or display such kind of
> > graph? I am using monthly mean NCEP reanalysis II data.
> >

> > I look forward to your message
> >

> > Best regards
> > Abdus
> >

> > --
> > Md. Abdus Sattar
> > PhD Student
> > Department of Environmental Sciences
> > Level 7, E7A Building, Room: 718
> > Faculty of Science and Engineering
> > Macquarie University
> > NSW 2109 Australia
> >

> > Cell: +61404400401
> > Email: md-abdus.sattar at students.mq.edu.au
> >

> > AND
> >

> > Lecturer
> > Department of Resource Management
> > Faculty of Disaster Management
> > Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Dumki, Patuakhali,
> > Bangladesh
> >

> > Cell: +8801716851612
> > Email: abdus.sattar at pstu.ac.bd

Jeff Duda