[gradsusr] Requirements/characteristics of the software GrADS ?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Sat Mar 28 11:15:16 EDT 2015

Current builds of GrADS do not require a whole lot from the servers they are running on. Apache, php, and mysql have nothing to do with GrADS. Most of the libraries are statically linked, meaning they are packaged along with the executable, and the ones that are not are part of a standard OS installation. X11 is the one thing that may not be present, but if you are running your script in batch mode, then you don’t even need that.
—Jennifer

On Mar 28, 2015, at 8:01 AM, pascal.frerebeau at laposte.net wrote:

> Hi GrADS users community!
>
> In order to run a GrADS script on a server, I need to know some requirements/characteristics of this software. Unfortunately, on Internet, I find nearly nothing. In particular, I was asked by the website hosting company what are the „Apache, php and mysql versions“. Do you know it? Where can we find these informations?
>
> I thank you for your answer,
> Pascal Frèrebeau

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3