[gradsusr] Descriptor file for binary data

Ipshita Majhi ipmajhi at alaska.edu
Tue Mar 24 01:36:11 EDT 2015

Dear Users,
I want to create a descriptor file for a very simple array. I wrote one but
it keeps giving me error also it does not take the date correctly. I have
2444 long array.
I am not sure how to create the right time sequence since it is a weekly
mean data with a single variable and no lat lon info in it. Do I need to
convert it into another type of data to create the descriptor file.Here is
a sample of my descriptor file.

DSET ^sce.dat
*
UNDEF -9999.
*
TITLE Snow Cover extent
* Weekly mean snow cover extent 1 Jan 1967 - 31 Dec 2013
* Snow cover in
*
XDEF    1  LINEAR   1    1
*
YDEF    1  LINEAR   1    1
*
ZDEF    1  LINEAR   1    1
*
TDEF 2444  LINEAR 1jan1901 7dy
*
VARS  1
p  0   557733.125  snow covered extent (km2)
ENDVARS

--
Ipshita Majhi
PhD Candidate