[gradsusr] Grib2 cache settings

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Mar 17 16:00:23 EDT 2015

Hi, Brian —
The grib2cache size is hard-coded in gaio.c:
#define MAXG2CACHE 500100100

I will put a user setting for this on my list of things to implement — I should have thought of it when implementing the cache controls for netcdf4. Meanwhile, the only workaround is to change that line and rebuild from source.
—Jennifer

On Mar 17, 2015, at 2:04 PM, Brian Gaze <brian.gaze at NTLWORLD.COM> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to set the cache size in GrADS for grib2 files either via the command line or in a .gs script?
>
> I'm using OpenGrADS grads-2.1.a2.oga.1 on Windows but would be interested to know whether this can currently be done with any flavour of GrADS?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3