[gradsusr] * * * New Release: GrADS 2.1.a3 * * *

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Mar 10 14:07:23 EDT 2015

Dear All,
I have posted a new release of GrADS, version 2.1.a3. This is primarily a bug fix release, although there are some new features in file templating (time templates supported within CHSUB strings) and we are now supporting GRIB2 Product Definition Templates 6 and 10, for percentiles. The problems with metabuffer handling and font file initialization were causing GrADS to steadily increase its memory use … if you are using version 2.1, I would advise you to upgrade.

The GrADS downloads web page (http://iges.org/grads/downloads.html) has been updated with links to the source code and pre-compiled binaries for 64-bit linux and Mac OS X. The full text from the ChangeLog is copied below.

—Jennifer

p.s. GrADS is 28 years old this year!

--
Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3

2015-03-10  Version 2.1.a3
    Features:
    * Added support for time template substitutions within a CHSUB string
    * Added support for GRIB2 PDTs 6 and 10 (Percentiles)

    Bug Fixes:
    * Memory leak in metabuffer handling
    * Bad error message when netcdf chunksize is bigger than cachesize
    * Parsing error for netcdf files with time axis unit "minutes since..."
    * Missing data handling in coll2grd function
    * Unnecessary re-initialization of font files
    * Core dump when using non-existing data variables in a define expression
    * Memory leak for grids and stn reports when expression parsing fails

    Updated Documentation Pages:
    * http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html
    * http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsdfwrite.html
    * http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/library.html