[gradsusr] amax Function

Daniel Nairn dannairn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:35:18 EDT 2015

Hello

I'm trying to use the amax function to display the maximum 10m wind gust
value in my domain - I would like to display the value as text on the
existing .png output for this script, alongside the shaded output. This is
what I have in my script, which completes without an error, but my variable
'maxgust' does not seem to populate with anything.

'define maxgust=amax(gust10m,g)'

Should this work or have I misinterpreted the amax function? I've also
tried specifying lat/long dimensions but no change.

Thanks