[gradsusr] highlight or bold the equator horizontal line

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:43:39 EST 2015

If the equator is a straight line on your map, just use the draw line
command to manually draw a thicker line on the plot at its location.

If your map is projected such that the equator is not a straight line, you
can still draw a curve using some ingenuity. Just use the 'q w2xy' and
'draw line' commands to find points on the real page to draw a series of
very short lines. You could do something like this:

'set line 1 1 6'
'set lon -150 45'
dlon = 0.1
tlon = -150
while (tlon < 45)
 'q w2xy 'tlon' 0'
 line = sublin(result,2)
 xx1 = subwrd(line,3)
 yy1 = subwrd(line,6)
 tlon = tlon + dlon
 'q w2xy 'tlon' 0'
 line = sublin(result,2)
 xx2 = subwrd(line,3)
 yy2 = subwrd(line,6)
 'draw line 'xx1' 'xx2' 'yy1' 'yy2
endwhile

I didn't look at the documentation for the draw line function, so I may
have swapped the arguments, but hopefully you get the idea.

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Sourabh Bal <sourabhbal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I have latitude on Y axis in my plot. I want to highlight or bold
> (increase the thickness) the equator horizonatal line. Can any one of you
> please suggest how to do that?
>
> regards
>
> Sourabh
>
> --
> Dr. Sourabh Bal
> Post-Doc Fellow
> Institute of Meteorology, Freie Universitat, Berlin

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant