[gradsusr] How to save GrDAS output of three variable in three different columns in ASCII format

Manoranjan LPAS lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:41:13 EDT 2015

Dear GrADS Users,
I would like to save the grads output of three variables in different
columns. I can able to save only one variable (e.g. u wind) in one column
with the command 'fprintf u ofilename.txt %7.2f 1'

But I can't able to do when trying more than 1 variable. For Instance I
want to save output of three variables (u wind, v wind, soil moisture) at a
particular grid point for 1 year. The desire output is something like
3 4 23
4 5 30
2 4 22
3 4 30
4 3 24

first column is the u for t=1,2,3,4,5
second column is the v for t=1,2,3,4,5
third column is the soil moisture for t=1,2,3,4,5

Thank you in advance for any kind of help or suggestion in this regard.

Kind regards
Mano