[gradsusr] Problem creating Meteograms for specific locations in Malawi

Charles Langton Vanya dolesibeni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:14:30 EDT 2015

I really dont understand where I am missing it.
This is the new error after I tried to follow your instruction;

*Command line history in \Users\vanya/.grads.log*

*ga-> run meteogram_subset_GDS.gs 2015062600 35.62 -16.07*

*GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5*

*Command line history in \Users\vanya/.grads.log*

*ga-> *run meteogram_subset_GDS.gs 2015062600 35.62 -16.07

*      2 [main] sh 244
C:\OpenGrADS\Contents\Cygwin\Versions\2.0.2.oga.2\bin\sh.e*

*xe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected -
0x61242860/0x61239790.*

*This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.*

*Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility*

*and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should**

*reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have*

*installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you*

*are unable to find another cygwin DLL.*

*Working on mysubset.dat*

Then I dis this to see whether I have *cygwin1.dll *which I saw is
available.
What should I do from here? By the way, I am doing it in windows and not
linux or other operating system.
Charles

[image: Inline images 1]

On 26 June 2015 at 19:28, Jennifer Adams <jma at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
>>> curl error details:
>>> Error: nc_open failed to open file
>>> http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs/gfs.2015
>>> 062600
>>> NetCDF: I/O failure
>>> gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
>>> ga-> meteogram_gfs.gs
>>> Enter location name --> Mimosa
>>> Enter forecast date (yyyymmddhh) --> 2015062600
>>> Enter longitude --> 35.62
>>> Enter latitude --> -16.07
>>> Metric units? [y/n] --> y
>>> No hardcopy metafile open
>>> All files closed; all defined objects released;
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
>>> syntax error, unexpected WORD_STRING, expecting WORD_WORD
>>> context: Error { code = 0; message = "/gfs/gfs.2015062600 is not an
>>> available da
>>> taset"^;};
>>> Error: nc_open failed to open file
>>> http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs/gfs.2015
>>> 062600
>>> NetCDF: Malformed or inaccessible DAP DDS
>>> gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
>>> ga-> meteogram_gfs.gs
>>> Enter location name --> Mimosa
>>> Enter forecast date (yyyymmddhh) --> 2015062600
>>> Enter longitude --> 35.62
>>> Enter latitude --> -16.07
>>> Metric units? [y/n] --> y
>>> No hardcopy metafile open
>>> All files closed; all defined objects released;
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
>>> curl error details:
>>> Error: nc_open failed to open file
>>> http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/
>>> gfs.2015062600
>>> NetCDF: I/O failure
>>> gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
>>> ga-> meteogram_gfs.gs
>>> Enter location name --> Mimosa
>>> Enter forecast date (yyyymmddhh) --> 2015062600
>>> Enter longitude --> 35.62
>>> Enter latitude --> -16.07
>>> Metric units? [y/n] --> y
>>> No hardcopy metafile open
>>> All files closed; all defined objects released;
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
>>> syntax error, unexpected WORD_STRING, expecting WORD_WORD
>>> context: Error { code = 0; message = "/gfs/gfs.2015062600 is not an
>>> available da
>>> taset"^;};
>>> Error: nc_open failed to open file
>>> http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gfs/gfs.2015
>>> 062600
>>> NetCDF: Malformed or inaccessible DAP DDS
>>> gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
>>> ga-> meteogram.gs
>>>
>>> Check the URL http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/
>>> for a list of all available forecasts.
>>>
>>> Enter forecast model (avn, avni, avnb, eta) --> eta
>>> Enter forecast date (mmddhh) --> 062600
>>> Enter longitude --> 35.62
>>> Enter latitude --> -16.07
>>> Enter location name --> Mimosa
>>> Metric units? [y/n] --> y
>>> Include stability indices? [y/n] --> y
>>> No hardcopy metafile open
>>> All files closed; all defined objects released;
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized

>>> Blantyre,