[gradsusr] Problem with templete ctl file

Lidija Srnec lidija.srnec at cirus.dhz.hr
Fri Jan 30 08:57:26 EST 2015

Hello,

We have binary output (regional climate model RegCM3) in monthly files for
30 years with 3-hours time step (30 x 12 = 360 files in total). In order
to open all files at once we use the following template ctl file:

dset ^SRF.%y4%m20100
title RegCM normal output variables
options big_endian template
undef -1.e34
xdef  142 linear  1 1
ydef  93 linear   1 1
zdef 1 levels 1008.68
tdef  2920 linear  03z01jan1961  3hr
vars 27
> Here goes a list of 27 variables but we removed it to make this email
shorter
endvars

We faced following problem when using this template ctl file:
All values in each month of January are correct except the last one - the
value of this time-step is missing and is replaced with the first value
found in the next file (i.e. February). All following values are shifted
for this one time-step till the end of year (with no similar problems when
crossing other month borders). Also, when each of the 360 files is opened
using its own ctl file (i.e. 360 separate ctl files) no similar problem is
found when extracting the time-series.

Have you faced similar question from other users and what may be problem
in our template file?

Thanks in advance

Lidija Srnec

mr.sc. Lidija Srnec
Drzavni hidrometeoroloski zavod
Odjel za klimatoloska istrazivanja i primijenjenu klimatologiju
Sluzba meteoroloskih istrazivanja i razvoja

Gric 3
10000 Zagreb

Tel: +385-1-4565-624
Fax: +385-1-4565-630