[gradsusr] New meteogram with 0.25-degree GFS data

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:48:36 EST 2015

Jennifer,
It certainly shows the utility of Grads for the purposes of making
meteograms. I assume to make the colored shading below the lines in 2-m
temperature, dewpoint, and RH maps you used gxout bar with different
barbase values?

One suggestion: keep the time ticks every day. I know the GFS isn't heavily
used for nowcasting or high resolution events, but one can get lost
interpolating between two-day ticks.

Also: the values for CAPE look weird. Is the vertical axis really that
small for this meteogram (8 J/kg of CAPE...since it's January I wouldn't
expect to see high CAPE in DC) or is there some implicit scaling?

Looks great, though!

Jeff Duda